Monday, June 13, 2016

Love really is the answer

Okay i'll be honest my emotions are all over the place today.  Between the journey we've been on with Steve the past few months and the Orlando tragedy yesterday, I can't think of anything more important to write about than love.

Love after all is what fuels me on days like today where I'm getting ready to do our 2 hour bath/wound care/positioning with Steve in 30 minutes.  How am I going to do it my weary mind thinks? The answer is love.

The only answer I have to the massive amount of hate that was shown in this Orlando tragedy is to show more love.  I have always wanted to leave a positive impact on people I come in contact with, but truth be told it's those out there that don't see love that I need to reach.  Those that are full of hate, anger, hurt, or whatever it is; those are the people I want to reach.  Those are the people we NEED to reach.  If I could help one person who feels nothing but hatred and anger to feel love, and to give love.  Then i'll be making the impact I want on the world.

That's what I want.  I want to reach those who are so far to the dark side, they think what they did was okay.  I don't have to understand why they think it's okay even, I just have to show them that LOVE really is what the answer is.  Love is the only thing that will fix all the madness going on in the world. 

So today I am going to do the only thing I know how to do, I am going to take some time out of my day and send out love.  I will send it to every family member who lost someone in this senseless act, to every single person in the club that night, to their friends and family, to the whole LGBT community, to our whole world, and yes; even to the man who did this hate crime.  Because clearly he needs love.  

Show everyone you meet love, and allow it to fuel you.  Let's be the difference we need in this country.  No more pointing fingers as to who was in the wrong; we already know the answers to that. Let's make it stop already.  No more violence, no more senseless tragedies, no more hate.  ONLY LOVE.  
Love will find a way. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment