Thursday, March 24, 2016

Metta Bhavana

I've been doing some pretty awesome guided meditations lately, and the Metta Bhavana is my favorite.  It means loving-kindness meditation.  Some of the mantras used in these meditations have stuck with me through my days well into weeks, that I wanted to share.

 I use the insight timer app for my daily meditations, that helps time my meditations as well as provides a wide variety of guided for days where I need a little more structure.  

Metta Bhavana: 
May I be safe from inner and outer harm. 
May I be happy and peaceful. 
May I be healthy and strong. 
May I show loving kindness. 

May you be safe from inner and outer harm.
May you be happy and peaceful.
May you be healthy and strong.
May you show loving kindness.

Something about using these mantras opens my heart to feeling peaceful, happy, healthy, and loving. I use it on days when I don't feel particularly loving or kind, I will say it with others in mind that may benefit from it, shoot I use it on the whole world regularly by saying, "May all beings be..." 

If there's anything our world needs during this tumultuous time it's love and kindness.  It starts with us.  The more we show ourselves it, the more we shine it upon others, the further the ripple effect can go.  

May all beings show loving kindness AND be shown loving kindness. <3

xo  


No comments:

Post a Comment