Friday, September 9, 2011

Keep your head up.

Okay so most everyone knows what is going on with Steve & I, for those who maybe are still unaware you can refer 2 blogs down for full story.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

I wanted to write today about something that is going to be the most important aspect for both Steve & I throughout this whole process.  That is remaining positive.  I feel it's a choice that no matter what life throws at me, that I remain positive & keep my hope & faith.  This is NOT at all always easy, so now I'm going to write about it. 

There are days, mornings, afternoons, evenings, etc that I am just so flustered with everything going on and I have to snap myself out of it.  I have to realize that despite the situation, Steve & I are very blessed.  I know I said this 100 times before, but I truly believe life is what you make it.  If Steve & I get consumed with being upset about the situation we let ALS "have control."  We need to remain in control of our lives & remember that every single day is a gift, be thankful for it, & ENJOY it. :)  Being negative does not allow us to enjoy the day God has given us. 

WITH THAT-I want to add a special request.  There may be days where I have my own mess going on & may not have the extra "happy" in me to continue to give Steve the extra encouragment (or even myself for that matter).  So please keep the hopeful messages, well wishes, love, prayers, & encouragement coming.  They do help.  Every call, text, or email helps raise our spirits.  I don't know that I can express my gratitude enough.  xox

Keep your head up :)

1 comment: