Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3439857 things at once!

So between making a lot of lifestyle changes, getting adjusted to a new shift at work (that now involves traffic), planning a wedding, & moving all my stuff into Steve's I have been super busy & hanging on the edge of not losing my mind ;).  No really though- It's been hectic.  However, I wanted to write a quick blog just expressing how blessed Steve & I are with GREAT, fantastic, amazing people in our lives (even strangers).  Everyone has been amazing & it's because of all of you Steve & I are still holding our heads above water!  I wanted to let everyone know that every single act of reaching out means so much to us.  We may not always have time or the energy to adequately express our gratitude, which is why I wanted to do this real quick.  I also wanted to thank everyone for all the donations & support with the ALS walk.  It's not too late to sign up or participate if you are interested click here!

Steve is holding up well.  He grows more & more positive daily.  There have been lots of changes implemented into his daily life & his acceptance is also growing daily.  It's never easy making an adjustment (for him or those around him), but each day it gets easier.  Lots more changes to be implemented, so I ask for continue prayers for continued strength & patience for everyone involved! <3

On wedding side, we have gotten A LOT done with help from a lot of amazing, amazing people (you all know who you are).  The latest exciting thing is that I will be on TLC-say yes to the dress. Due to some awesome people contacting the creators of say yes to the dress (some people I actually don't even know), they contacted me expressing how much they would love to share our story.  Well, not that I needed much convincing, but of course I think it's a wonderful opportunity to continue to spread awareness of ALS, to the public.  Plus it will be a lot of fun!  Yesterday Steve surprised my mom & I and got her ticket to come visit (spilling the beans because this is not only sweet but super exciting for me!) So lots & lots of exciting stuff... 

Once, I get all moved in & settled into Steve's, I will have more time to write again (hopefully) and I will try to blog more progress.

Thanks again to everyone for sticking with us & all the love & support!  We couldn't do this without y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment