Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kindred spirits

I remember as a child being excited to visit my grandma's booth at the arts festival (or store).  I thought she was the coolest woman alive.  Turquoise wearing, festival working, sassy, craft making gem. I've always felt drawn towards creativity but tried to fit in the left brain mold.  (I've talked about this before).  

Recently since starting to make crafts, I feel a huge connection to my grandma.  I find myself wanting to make things she used to make (some I didn't even remember), & I feel her smiling at me while I make them.  When I started painting/making things it was just a creative way to deal with all the energy I have.  It has now become a way to share my energy with others.  

My grandmother's second husband passed away from ALS.  So maybe I feel connected to her at this time because of that, or because I'm following my passions like she always wanted.  Either way I'm glad to feel her energy.  I recently started making necklaces, which is my current favorite thing to do.  I was unaware my grandma made some very similar to mine.  :)

Follow the pull because you never know who might be behind it.  




In other news the DVDs are here. If you ordered one be on the look out.  Please share your thoughts & take photos of you watching.  We can't wait to hear what y'all think.  

Still need to order: click here


1 comment:

  1. I recently published my article on newly researched natural medicinal plants and their potential for reversing the progression of ALS, Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases. It can be found at:

    http://ayahuascatreatment.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/ayahuasca-ethnobotanical-medicine-for-treatment-of-als/

    It is the culmination of several years work, having studied ethnobotanical medicine and the field of neurodisease, making connections between the two in the search for something viable in terms of an alternative treatment option. I have been greatly motivated by the unfortunate loss of a close friends' mother due to ALS some years ago. Hopefully, you will find reading it worthwhile.

    Regards,
    Daniel Gustafsson, Sweden

    ReplyDelete